Saudicat
Not without my cat

Just a few meows, some might call it rantings and ravings..


Name:
Location: Jiddah, Saudi Arabia

An old Cologne cat that had to adapt to a new home.. lol

Monday, September 12, 2005

Talking about cat food..

Good news first - my dear husband has seen my brandnew blog! Just like I saw it in my crystal ball he shook his head and gave me a squeer look. He's not all too fond about this computer world. If it wouldn't be for sheer force he'd probably still be writing his letters on a 1920 typewriter..

However, he said my blog is fine, he just wants me to keep my anonymity when he thinks it is unlikely I would stick to merely discussing the quality of cat food.

Now I was just about to tell you that you shouldn't feed your cat any food with less than 30% pure meat when I discovered this:

Pentagon Revises Nuclear Strike Plan
Strategy Includes Preemptive Use Against Banned Weapons

The article reads:

The Pentagon has drafted a revised doctrine for the use of nuclear weapons that envisions commanders requesting presidential approval to use them to preempt an attack by a nation or a terrorist group using weapons of mass destruction. The draft also includes the option of using nuclear arms to destroy known enemy stockpiles of nuclear, biological or chemical weapons.

'known enemy stockpiles'.... as known as the stockpiles in Iraq, I guess. Are they still looking for them?

The first example for potential nuclear weapon use listed in the draft is against an enemy that is using "or intending to use WMD" against U.S. or allied, multinational military forces or civilian populations.


As if the lousy German weather wouldn't be enough to kill my mood. Anyone remember how Saddam Hussein was intending to use his stockpiles of WMD against the USA? Or at least Bush thought he was? God were the Iraqi lucky that this new draft wasn't in use back then...

And how good that King Abdullah just declared that from now on no-one should kiss a royal hand. He said "It also leads to bowing, which violates God’s law as the faithful bow only to the one and only God."

Or even worse, some American might think people are looking around on the floor for their hidden WMD.

What a frightening thought that your life, your home, your future is depending on the whim of a complete idiot, sitting in a country at the other end of the world.

Back to the cat food. Please note that quality cat food must not contain any sugar.

7 Comments:

Blogger Abu Sinan said...

Scarey thought eh when you consider how bad they messed up the intelligence on Iraq. Who wants these people who to nuke and who not to?

Congratulations on the blog. My wife doesnt like it either.....but oh well. We keep arguing about the pictures of the new baby. She is worried about him "getting the eye". lol

9:39 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

Hey thank you for your comment, it kinda disproves my husband's idea of an 'echoeless space'.. ;)

As for the baby pics - if your wife doesn't feel comfortable with posting them, just don't post them. The idea of the bad eye is an old thing but it sits so deep that it is hard to talk out of someone. Even when your brain tells you it's nonsense, somewhere deep inside you still think 'But if...'

Rani

12:38 PM  
Blogger Abu Sinan said...

I know what you mean. I like to post them, but I have stopped. Last night I posted a picture of his hand in mine, didnt figure that was too bad. lol

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Prudent said...

True. Frightening it is... and also unfair. All it takes is ONE idiot to destroy the lives of millions of people. Another less frightening thought but equally unfair, is that of an idiot being the main determinant in shaping his own country – resulting in a bitter present and a dim future. No wonder there is so much negative energy and frustration in this planet!

On a lighter tone, I used to have my doubts over the existence of the evil eye, but there couldn’t be so many 'coincidences'... or could there? Hmmm! To be honest, the only times I experience something as dubious is with fellow Arabs, but almost never with my European acquaintances! Maybe there has to be some kind of mutual belief for it to actually happen! lol

Btw, the sinister black cat against the Saudi flag looks cool. The cat has evil eyes! ;-)

11:24 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

Oh no, no evil eyes!! The poor kitty was just forced to watch CNN...

10:50 PM  
Blogger Punkin said...

your an amazing german, you write so articulitly in Englsih for a german, yah?

~a gay saudi asylee living in the US working for a German company (Otto Bock)

3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home